Wednesday, July 19, 2006

 

power

BENCH

135X10
225X5
285X2
275X3
265X4
255X5
235X8
225X5
135X10 CLOSE GRIP
135X10

ALSO DID: 3 SETS EACH OF: Curls--front & rear overhead press--front & rear lat pull downs

It's back to square one. I'm so upset about my past meet that i'm considering just doing bench from here on out. I want to do push/pull, but my mind is so messed up from that comp. How the hell did I miss 415!!!!!
Anyway, I'm not sure where i'm going to go from here with my bench routine. I have done so many weeks of 10 rep sets and then 3-4 rep sets. I think i'm going to try this new routine above. Hit them heavy first and then work my way down. I really don't give a shit about the bench that much. It is very clear that my body loves the routines that I have been giving it. Maybe i'll just go with the "feel" routine. If I feel good I do more reps, if not I'll cut it down to 6 sets. I know somebody will post that I do way to many sets, but it's what's been working for me. When I hit a wall, i'll cut the reps/sets down.
I'm going to DL on Friday and I plan on really putting the pain onto those plates. I am also going to weight every single weight and bar in my garage. I still find it hard to believe that I pulled 415+ for 3 months and couldn't pull it 3 times at my comp. Something isn't right. I'm a cry baby. LOL
Lou

Comments:
Lou- don't stop deadlifting. Everyone makes mistakes...even the pros bomb. It was just an off-day for you. Concerning your training...just keep doing what works for you.
 
This would be the time to examine your lifts, see what you need, and design a program, not go bench-only. Your grip is a liability at that weight, so do a lot of timed holds, pinching, gripper, rolling thunder, etc. Just be careful not to fatten your fingers.

Rack pulls will help you work the top. So will reverse band deads if you can hook that up in your gym. Make sure the position at that range is the same one you will be in when you do a full range comp deadlift, or the gains will be compromised.

Of course, do more speed work. Singles or doubles mostly. If you can buy some chain, drape it over the bar and pull.

But, as rawpowerlift said, it could have been an off-day.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
where are you?
 
I have been pretty sick. My whole house has a cold over the past week and a half. I have tried to lift, but can't get past warm ups. It has also been 100+ outside and I lift in my garage.
I want to get back into the gym, but want to get rid of this cold first. I am also in the process of selling my house. Cry cry cry. LOL
I will be back. My body could use the rest either way.
 
We sold ours in March and moved into a new one last weekend. Fun, Fun, Fun. It's a lot of work. Will you be able to workout in the basement at all?
 
That's the plan, as long as we sell this house. I just lowered the price 20K---I think we should have an offer in the next week or two.
I have been changing things up in and out of the house to make it more appealing for buyers.
The new house has a bigger basement--with higher ceilings. So, I'll be lifting in the basement there.
 
Ouch. I feel for you. The same thing happened to the folks who just sold their house to us. They came down 20K during Purchase and Sales negotiations and another 2K after the house inspection. It is a buyers market now. Good Luck.
 
Hey, Lou, how are things?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?