Monday, June 19, 2006

 

power

BENCH

135X10
225X5
275X1
225X8 PAUSES
225X8
135X10 CLOSE GRIP
135X10 C.G
135X10 WIDE

Also did: Bent over rows, overhead tri's, d.b. curls, sit ups

Wow the 275x1 was really hard for me today. It felt like 350! I was really weak. I think it's from working outside in the heat today and not being hydrated enough. My weight is still standing at 182.5 lbs. I'm exactly one month out from my next comp. I really have to start hitting the shirt more and getting my tri's ready. I'm going to squat tomarrow. Take Wednesday off and then DL on Thursday. I think i'm going to start doing 6-7 sets off all my movements at 75-80% max. Do you guys think this will work? I'm thinking that my workouts have had so many reps in them, that it may be time to slow it down and get the max ready. Ideas?

Comments:
Lou, I have always thought that you did too many reps in your workouts.
However, it seems to be working well for you.
Maybe a little more rest between workouts is all you need.
Having said that, it doesn't hurt to try a lower rep routine.
Take a look at what I've been doing and go from there.
 
I really don't follow any table. I base my entire workout on how I feel and what i'm looking to achieve. Some days speed, other days strength. Always form! Yeah, I'm going to try the 6-7 sets of 3. Well see how it goes. Thanks for the input.
Lou
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?