Thursday, May 11, 2006

 

power

5/10/06 DEADS

135x10
225x5
315x5
405x1 STOPED

Ok, after the 315 set I felt a little weird. I went up to 405. It was easy, but afterwards my back felt really weird. Very tight, like the way your hams feel when you stretch your legs. So I stoped there. The rest of the night my back was really sore. I'm not going to lift Thursday. Maybe just some very light assistance work. I don't want to get hurt. It's not that serious, but I don't want it to become a problem. This sucks. I have really been on a role the last few weeks. Oh, well --just another hill to climb.

Comments:
I'm with Rick on this one. But I add this. It might be time to switch movements, too. If you've been doing the same type of deadlift for too long, either you will start to slide downwards or you will be injured. Consider a switch for a few weeks to a different deadlifting style (like sumo or RDL or trap bar) or do submax work AND a different style or work the assistance lifts for the squat/DL.
 
Yeah, good call, Lou. If you look back you'll notice that you were trying to deadlift near a max just 2 days after squatting heavy, and that before that you didn't rest much from your previous workout.
I say that you need to have more structure. What is working good for me is:

Monday- bench
Wednesday- squat
Thursday- board bench
Saturday- deadlift
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?