Friday, May 05, 2006

 

power

5/5/06 BENCH

135X10
225X5
280X3 PB RAW
225X5 2 SEC pause reps
225x8
225x5
135x10 close grip
135x10
115x15 close grip

Well, I felt really good today and decided to go for a PB again. The 280 was nice and easy --a 7 out of 10 difficult. I wanted to start working on the pause sets again. I also did lat pull downs--front and rear. Curls---Standing tri extenstions---db shoulder raises--light work. Great workout---hit a lot of the body. I'm starting to feel really good.

Comments:
What do you think is responsible for your constantly climbing bench, Lou? Your energy levels seem good, there's almost a PR in every workout:)
 
I think it's 60% of doing an extreme amount of tri work. I think different movements every week are helping. One week tons of lat pulls--then curls then extreme tri work---then shoulder. Mixing things up and then doing a ton of high rep work--after the heavy set helps. I really don't post it (people will think i'm crazy), but after my workout I usually do 5-6 more sets of 10 at 135 lbs. I know its to much work, but I think it really helps get the tri's more.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?