Wednesday, May 03, 2006

 

power

5/3/06 BENCH

135X10
225X3
295X1---WEIRD
295X1---SEE NOTES
315X1---NOTES----PB BABY!
235X8 raw
205x8 paused -with a very quick blast up.
135x10

Thanks to John I can now actually bench and go heavy. I decided to put on my Titan F6 sz44 and go for a max. I warmed up and put the first 295 up. I brought it down, very unsteady and didn't really pause long enough. I went for it again. Brought it down slow and then slamed up it. It was fairly easy. I then put 315 on (at last comp, I couldn't get this up at all). I made my arch nice and high and compacted my shoulder down and in. It came down nice and slow. I let it sit on my chest for at least a good two count and then pushed it all the way. To be honest, this felt very good. It was difficult about a 6 out of 10. I think I had 325 or 330 in me, but I would rather wait a few more weeks. Why max out 4 times in one session! Here's the thing. I have no doubt in my mind that the 315 would have been all white in comp. This will make me push my training even harder. What's next? I'm thinking a raw goal of 290x3 and a size 48 bench shirt of 305x4 would be real nice. Time period will be 40 days from today.

Comments:
good job on the PR!!! are you doing any other accessory type work i.e tri's, lats, etc...
 
yeah, I forgot to post my other movement. I do a lot of extra tri work after. Close grip bench--Over head standing dumb bell tri extentsions. Front and rear lat pull downs. Then i'll do stand tri extensions with about 70 lbs on a curls bar.
 
Looks like all the extra tricep work is paying off!
Nice strong 1Rm for a 181#er
 
I owe my new pb's to john. It's nice to lift and not have to worry about a spotter.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?