Monday, May 01, 2006

 

power

5/1/06 DEADS

135X10
225X5
315X5
385X1
435X1 PB Done with belt and wraps--no suit
450x0--got it about 6 inches off the floor and couldn't go any more.
400x3-
375x5 raw
315x5

Well my confidence is going up and up! The 435 is real nice. I think the dead is the hardest lift to get PB's in. The 435 went up real nice and was difficult about a 7 out of 10. I really thought I had more left in me and went for 450--no go on that. The 400x3 was real quick and was a new 3 rep pb for me. The 375x5 was also a 5 rep pb. Feel great!

Comments:
Good job on that DL PR, Lou. The one way to push up a DL is to also do its conjugates (GMs, deficit DLs, rack DLs, Oly lifts, box squats), speed work, and sometimes more than once a week.

BTW, read this:

http://www.strengthcats.com/nodeadlift.htm
 
What are "Olympic pulls?" I read the acticle. I thought it was very good and made a lot of sense. I will try it for two weeks. No deads--More GM's power cleans and shrugs. But what the hell are olympic pulls? That was crazy that lifters run faster and jump higher then any other sports. Cool!
 
The Oly lifts are the snatch (Bar is pulled from the floor to overhead in one motion) and the clean and jerk (Bar is pulled from the floor,caught (like a power clean), then pressed overhead. More power is generated for these lifts than even the powerlifts, thus the high verticals and fast runs - - - Shane Hamman and Mark Henry can both dunk a ball at nearly 300 lbs and they aren't 7 ft. They are also more technically demanding. Not many gyms will let you do them in their spaces, either, but if one does jump on it.
 
Just found your blog. Solid workouts and a good base of raw strength.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?