Thursday, April 20, 2006

 

power

4/20/06 SQUAT

135X10
225X5
265X5 BW-BELT & WRAPS
300X3 BW
265X5 BW
265X6 BW
235X10 18 inch box
235x10 18 inch box
135x10 narrow
135x10 wide

Didn't feel as good as usual on the squats. The 300x3 was a little harder then I thought it was going to be. I'm just glad to be on the 300 mark right now. I figured I would throw in the box squats. They 235 sets were really easy off the box. I didn't really feel like they were doing much for me. It didn't seem like I was going that far down. Without the bar, I sat on the box squat, and my legs are very close to parallel. So, maybe i'll keep the box squats in. What do you guys think? Keep em, even though they don't feel like they are doing much. On normal days 225x10 in difficult for me to do without the box--today the 235 with the box was easy. I go down, sit on the box for about 1 sec and then stand up. That's it, right? I'll wait for you guys to let me know before my next squat day.
Lou

Comments:
Depending on your height, and 18 inch box squat is above parallel, which is why it felt easy. Find a height that is close to competition depth, this will take trial and error.

When I first learned to box squat, I mistakenly did them "bottoms up". That is, I racked the weight, sat back on the box, paused for at least 3 seconds or more each rep (I didn't know better), lifted my head and drove my traps into the bar, spread the floor, and tried to engage my backside to drive the weight with no rocking motion. At that time, for a 300+ squatter, I could barely get 45 pounds up this way: no stretch reflex, and my posterior chain weakness reared it's ugly head. But after a few months of doing nothing but these, I developed more power out of the hole with the real deal.
 
yeah, They seem pretty quick for me. It's like doing a 1/4 squat, but i'm much deeper then that.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?