Saturday, April 08, 2006

 

power

4/8/06 DEADS

135x10
225x5
315x1
415x1--with belt and knee wraps---This was great for me!
425x0
425x1--after 415 I put my DL suit on and the wraps. It wasn't very pretty, but good!
435x0--Just couldn't get it started. See below
385x1

Ok, the best thing about lifting today is I learned something. The first attempt at 425 was a no go. I was really upset with myself. I never lift angry. About 10 secs after the fail. I got up to the bar--I tightened up my entire body--Bent over and got the 425. I'm not saying lift angry, but this was a huge step for me. (and not just the weight). This 425 tought me to "get tight" almost like i'm making a muscle. This has greatly improved my mental attitude towards the dead lift. I usually take my time on the DL, I mean way to much time. I usually bend over, grab the bar and take 30-40 secs before I pick the damn thing up. This tight position allows me to conserve energy and maintain a positive image of making the lift happen. My PB was 415 last week. In comps it was 410. My last comp I tried the 415 and couldn't get it. I'm very happy with my lifting today--I learned a lot about myself and got a new personal best as well. I am so happy, I could cry. Yes!!!!
oh, and my weight is coming back down again. 184 today.

Comments:
You mean you weren't tight before? Tsk! Tsk! Great deadlift:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?