Tuesday, March 28, 2006

 

power

3/28/06 SQUATS

Boy did I feel good today. I read Alberto's post. He just got back into the gym after being sick as was squating close to 300 lbs. I got into my gym/garage today and decided to stop being such a baby and put some weight on the bar.

135x10
225x3
245x5---WO--Wraps on
255x3---WO
275x5---WO
285x3 PB--(see notes below)---WO
225x10
225x5
135x10
135x15

The 285 is my new PB (over the last 10 years). I put the wraps on a little bit tighter then normal and the weight went up fairly easy. (About a 6-in difficutly-10=most). It's hard to really go up to a near max without a spotter. My squat rack is free standing and has nothing to catch the weight if I can't do it. I would like to go up- but i'm going to have to wait for someone-just in case. I think I may be able to hit a 300x3 if I didn't have to worry about safety. Right now i'm just trying to get these little legs to get some bigger weights up there. I'm very happy and actually look forward to my next squat day. It also helps that it was very nice outside today and the garage was up to about 60 degrees with the heater on.

Also did leg extentions-curls--bent over rows.

Comments:
Awesome job, Lou! 3x285=better than 300 for one rep
 
Nice going Lou. If you don't get back to Alberto's blog for a while, I left a note saying I'm more than happy to host video for you. Just email it/them to me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?