Monday, March 27, 2006

 

power

3/27/06 DEADS

135X10
225X3
315X1
385X1
405X1
415X1 Personal Best.

Well, I really didn't feel like lifting today. I went out to the garage and decided I would DL, but not do an entire workout again. So I went for singles. I didn't stand on 35lbs plates like the last few weeks. I went raw with just a belt and some chalk. The last comp I was in-months ago, I went for 415 with my dl suit on and couldn't get 415 (on two attempts). Today the 405 felt nice and smooth, so I said what the hell and went up to 415. It went up to my waist fairly easy-the lockout was tough and I may have been a little sloppy. Overall i would rate the life about a 9 hard because of the lockout. I really need to find out what exercies I can do to help with my lockouts. To be very specific it is the last 1-2 inches that i'm having a hard time with. If anyone knows what I can do please post. Note: I lift in my garage and have only a bench-squat rack and about 475lbs worth of weight. Thanks guys. Hey, i'm also happy that I got the 415. I didn't think I would get 405 right now, never mind a PB. I also did this workout after work and yesterday I drank about 10 beers. Crazy!

Comments:
Hey Lou, good job on the DL PR. Sometimes, those are sweeter than squat or bench PRs!

Now, about your question. Deadlift lockouts are mainly three muscles: low back, hamstrings, glutes. So, you're looking at good mornings, RDL, leg curls if your bench has an attachment, natural GHRs, pull off of stacked blocks or stacked anything.

Lastly, for your setup, start doing speed work. Mainly speed pulls, for singles with 50-60% 1RM. EliteFTS.com even has programs with lower percentages for more reps (Read the 8 Keys articles). You can also do the Oly lifts and high pulls to learn to generate a lot of force quickly. Because if you generate enough blast from the bottom, you may blow past the sticking point.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?